mmmm….donuts! Join us for 50 hilly miles, including a pit stop at one of LA County’s best donut shops, the “Donut Man“!
- Distance: 49 miles
- Elevation: 4750′
- Difficulty: 5-6
- Route Map: http://www.mapmyride.com/
- Route description: Colorado-Encanto-Hwy 39-GMR-return
- Departure Time: Meet 7:45am, depart 8am. Faster/sleepier riders are welcome to chase or start en route (e.g., Encanto Park)
- Departure Location: Empire Bikes (parking lot behind shop), 625 S. Myrtle Ave, Monrovia 91016
- Car parking: Ample street parking available on Olive (east and west of Myrtle)
- Food/Drink: Powerbar product at start, donuts after climbing, beverages and Subway sandwiches at Empire Bikes at finish! 🙂
- Weather: High of 93F currently forecast for Sunday, bring 2 water bottles and drink 1 when you get up in the AM!
- RSVP: http://paatourdedonutman.
NO Roving SAG Support: There will be no roving SAG on this ride! Please be prepared to do minor repairs like fix a flat. Regroups en route (e.g., bridge at east fork, top of Glendora Mountain Rd saddle). Faster riders who don’t want to wait can descend Glendora Mountain Road descent and climb until they catch the others.
- All riders should be prepared to do minor repairs on the road (e.g., change a flat)
- Due to the challenging nature of most club supported rides, groups will invariably form and split up en route depending on riders levels of fitness, training goals, etc.
- For your safety, please wear a helmet while riding.
- Inclement weather may result in a change of the route or cancellation of event.
- Guests are welcome, but should also RSVP and sign a ride waiver.
- Ride departs at 8am!