- Monthly Meet and Greet Ride – this is a no drop, conversational pace road ride. This ride is ideal for new and prospective members to come along and meet PAA and find out more about the club.
- Women’s mountain bike (evening) rides – a no drop, flat(ish!) route for those new to mountain biking or wishing to get their fitness and technique back up before moving on to more advanced rides.
- Many of our longer club rides offer riders multiple start locations to cater for differing abilities and many offer SAG support (food/drink at specific points along the route).
- PAA holds regular club meetings, where members get to socialize together. Guest speakers are arranged to present on a variety of cycling related topics such as nutrition, recovery, massage etc. (We’re always looking out for new material so please contact the Board if you would like to present!)
- Skills and techniques clinics – PAA hosts numerous clinics throughout the year focusing on cycling skills and riding techniques. The sessions are run by USAC certified coaches.
- Off season race training – for those riders who want to get into racing, PAA organizes training sessions for new and experienced racers, concentrating on technique, tactics and conditioning. The sessions are run by USAC certified coaches.
Although PAA was in the past primarily known for its strong racing background, in recent years the club has morphed into a broad organization representing all types and levels of riders. The club’s activities encompass virtually all aspects of cycling and the club organizes rides, training/coaching sessions and practices for those riders who are new to the sport. These include: