PAA Club Supported Ride – Franco Bicycle Ride – April 2nd
Join us on a beautiful coastal ride through the epic Santa Monica Mountain range. The ride includes famous climbs, Latigo Canyon and Mulholland into the Santa Monica Mountains. This is 73 mile challenging course with a bail out option at mile 30 where Mulholland intersects with the 23. There will be two SAG stops. One feed station on top of the Mulholland Climb and the second feed station at the first summit of the Latigo Climb. Lunch at the end of the ride.
• All riders should be prepared to do minor repairs on the road (e.g., change a flat)
• Due to the challenging nature of most club supported rides, groups will invariably form and split up en route depending on riders levels of fitness, training goals, etc.
• For your safety, helmet is mandatory on PAA rides.
• Inclement weather may result in a change of the route or cancellation of event.
• Guests are welcome, but should also RSVP (guest ticket), sign a ride waiver, and make a $10 donation at the start of the ride.
• Ride departs at 8:00 am from PAA Sponsor, FRANCO Bikes!
Distance: approx 80 to 50+ miles
Elevation: 7000 ft.
Difficulty: moderate to high
Route Map: https://www.strava.com/routes/3737797
Route description: Out and Back from FRANCO Bikes
Departure Time: Meet 7:40am, Roll out 8:00. If you are late – you are chasing
Departure Location: FRANCO Bikes, Newbury Park, CA
Car parking: In gated area around the FRANCO building
Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
FRANCO Bicycles – 3533 Old Conejo Rd #110, Newbury Park , CA 91320