Yes, you read that right! Join us for this inaugural event when the PAA WoW ride will blend the genders …Girls, Guys, Guests, etc. All riders are welcome!
Our inaugural Gender Blender ride will begin at Grant Rea Park in Montebello. After a short two mile ride north, we connect with the San Gabriel trail and then head South to Seal Beach. Coffee and snacks will be waiting for us at Eisenhower Park next to the Seal Beach Pier. After some snacks and socializing, we will head back to Grant Rea Park along the same route.
As always, for those wanting extra miles, there is always the Encanto Park start option to coordinate on your own.
ROUTE LENGTH, ELEVATION AND STRAVA LINK:
49 Miles with 609 feet of elevation gain
PARKING WITH GOOGLE MAP LINK:
Meet in the second large parking lot in Grant Rea Park (not near the playground/picnic area)
600 Rea Road, Montebello, CA 90640
7:30 a.m. at Grant Rea Park
8 a.m. from Grant Rea Park
LEADS AND SWEEPS
This is a social ride and we hope everyone has a terrific time getting to know other riders. There will be 4 ride marshals on the route to assist, should you need anything, and to make sure no one gets left behind. This is a no-drop ride. Below are the ride marshals with their phone numbers. Their phone numbers will also be provided at the start of the route.
- Zeynep Enkavi - (215) 760-9290
- Ben Sykes - (925) 876-7168
- Dana Lira - (626) 675-1645
- Debbie Mitchell - (626) 487-5709
Like all WoW rides, this will be a self-supported ride. Coffee, water and snacks will be available (free) at Eisenhower Park in Seal Beach.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- All riders should be prepared to do minor repairs on the road (e.g., change a flat)
- Due to the nature of most group rides, groups will invariably form and split up en route depending on riders levels of fitness, training goals, etc.
- For your safety, a helmet is mandatory on PAA rides.
- Check the forum and event page before the ride, in case of inclement weather which may result in a change of the route or cancellation of the event.
- Guests are welcome, but must also RSVP (guest ticket) and sign a ride waiver.